3 days Ayahuasca retreat, Munay Inca meditation and volunteering with Human Actions
- 기간: 3 일
- 위치: San Salvador, Cusco Peru
Our retreats start Mondays and Wednesdays. Please check availability on the calendar at the end of the description.
Our 3 day ayahuasca retreats, have been developed by both an amazonian "Onaya" healer from the Shipibo tribe, and an Inca "pampamisayoq" healer, from the Qero tribe. The retreat is run in a traditional manner according to the Inca principle of Munay or love. This principle applies to the way in which the plant medicine is prepared and the iqaros, or shamanic chants, are sung. The traditional base of the retreat is tempered with modern medical practices to ensure our guest safety and allow them to assimilate the experience in the best way possible. This retreat include two ayahuasca ceremonies.
Etnikas has a multi-disciplinary health team consisting of a Cardiologist, Psychiatrist, Psychologist, General Practitioner, who complement the highly experienced native Andean and Amazonian shaman.
A Doctor is present during Ayahuasca ceremony with access to a full range of state of the art emergency medical equipment.
We have been operating for 40 years (much longer than other retreat centers) and safety has always been our top priority.
We have a vast amount with over 7200 satisfied guests coming to our center.
ITrip advisor have granted us the ‘certificate of excellence’ for the last 4 years consecutively (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018) with over 300 five star reviews.
Located in the Sacred Valley, two hours drive from Machupicchu
MANDATORY: Please you must send by email (scan) and bring to Cusco a letter from your doctor outlining your good health or general health status. This document is mandatory for you to be able to participate in the retreat. If you cannot bring the letter, you will have to make a check up in Cusco with our doctor onsite on the day of the retreat. This check up will be for an extra cost of $30 US, If you require to do this please contact our staff so they can help you to organise this for you.
- If you have any physical or psycological medical conditions or are under any medication treatment, please let us know before you book your retreat.
- People over 50 years old require a stress test to be preformed. This can be done in your country of origin or in Cusco for a charge of $55 US.
Another volunteering experience involves looking after dogs in a state of physical and emotional neglect. Volunteers help to keep the dogs spaces clean and tidy as well as grooming and feeding the dogs. This service lasts for about 1-2 hours.A third volunteering experience is available working in a nursery helping to cultivate native plants. The trees and shrubs that are propagated are donated to reforestation projects around the Cusco area.
MUNAY MEDITATION / LOVE MEDITATION
As preparation and integration of the experience we giving a powerful and ancient Inca meditation aimed at guiding you to work with the fastest and most powerful energy there is, UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE:
We required you to arrive at least 2 days before your retreat so you have a chance to acclimatise to the altitude of Cusco. Many people feel the effects of the altitude. If you arrive the day of your retreat, we will not be able to give you Ayahuasca and you will have to change your retreat for the next available date. Unfortunately a refund will not be possible. We want to prevent people getting altitude sickness while under the effect of Ayahuasca as this is a serious health risk.
You must book your own hotel room for the night between the acclimatisation day and the day of the retreat. We can recommend several places that are able to take care of everything including transfer from the airport to the hotel.
The next day we will look to meet at plaza nazarenas at 09:30am and from there we will travel by shuttle bus to the retreat centre. Please eat breakfast based on juice and fruits (NO bread and dairy products).
As Ayahuasca is a potent form of medicine it can occasionally have interactions with other medications or drugs. We therefore recommend that you find a natural way to detoxify your system at least two weeks before the start of the retreat.
Cusco is 3500m above sea level and people sometimes get sick from spending time at this altitude. There are several forms of medication that can be taking to alleviate the effects of altitude sickness but the interaction of some of this medication can have negative effects with Ayahuasca. For this reason, we recommend you look to relieve symptoms of altitude sickness by drinking MUÑA tea which is commonly available in guest houses and hotels. We suggest you that you drink MUÑA tea at the airport or on your flight to Cusco as this will help to mitigate the effects of altitude sickness, you can also buy shot of oxygen at the airport. If symptoms become sever please let us know.
Pre-Retreat Require Restrictions
Two Week prior, abstain from:
- Sexual activities of any kind, including masturbation
- ALL street drugs (cocaine, MDMA, amphetamines, etc.) – obligatory for your safety and for the possible energetic impact on other guests
- Spicy food
- Ice, ice cream, or ice cold drinks
One Week prior, abstain from:
- Reﬁned sugars
- Red meat
- Junk foods
- Salt or pepper
- Sweets or chocolate
- Oils (if you must use oil, use olive or coconut oil very sparingly)
- Animal fats (lard, etc.)
- Carbonated drinks (including diet sodas, energy drinks, non-alcoholic beer)
- Dairy products
- Fermented foods
- Caffeine & other stimulants
- IMPORTANT: Please contact us if you are currently taking any medication or supplements.
- If you will be menstruating during the retreat, please inform your facilitators when you arrive.
- Ayahuasca is not compatible with pregnancy.
To fly into Cusco, you must first obtain a flight from your country to Lima, Peru. From Lima there are connections to Cusco from 5am to 12am (the flight is one hour long). Connections from Lima to Cusco range anywhere from 200 to 350 dollars. Some of the airlines flying to Cusco are Latam, Star Peru, Taca and Peruvian Airlines.
THE AYAHUASCA RETREAT INCLUDE:
- Your retreat will be overseen by 2 to 4 shamans, Shipibo healer from the Amazon and Inca medicine Qero healer from the Andes.
- There is a doctor present during Ayahuasca ceremony with access to a full range of state of the art emergency medical equipment.
- Small groups of up to 18 people allow us to maximize the safety, comfort, and personalized attention of the retreats for our guests.
- Individual consultations with the shaman and psychology to discuss your experiences and healing process. Consultations are available before and after the ayahuasca ceremonies.
- Physical and psychological health questionnaire to evaluate risk factors. A doctor and psychologist are in charge of verifying the medical records and detecting any medical contraindications a person may have with Ayahuasca before the booking stage.
- Basic medical check to ensure physical suitability
- Four different healings ceremonies, Inca shamanic healing technique, "dancing with heaven and earth".
- Coca leaves ceremony (unification of group energy)
- Cleansing and floral ceremony (Therapy of forgiveness)
- Two Ayahuasca Ceremonies
- Offering of gratitude to Pachamama or Mother Earth.
- Love meditation Munay
- Volunteering activities with Human Actions ORG (practice of Ayni - reciprocity)
- All food and drinks is a delicious simple vegetarian diet suitable for working with medicinal plants/ Ayahuasca
- All transport to and from the retreat center
- Accommodation 2 night/3 days – within our facilities you may find the basic life necessities such as shared bedrooms with a capacity of three people as well as shared bathrooms.
- All retreat facilitated in English
*It is good for you to know that different parties of people may overlap at the retreat, but they will never be more than 18 participants for any giving Ayahuasca ceremony.
09:30 Meeting at Plaza Nazarenas from there shuttle bus to the retreat center
10:00 Departure to the retreat center
11:00 Meeting with the staff and orientation of the center - cleansing ceremony
14:00 Group meeting – introduction to the shaman and medical staff discussion about
ayahuasca and ceremonies intentions - Coca leaves ceremony and prayer for the unification of energies - Shipibo wisdom honouring the plant.
15:00 Individual consultation with doctor
15:30 Individual consultation with healers and psychology
17:00 Andean philosophy discussion Inca religion & introduction to the meditation.
17:30 Munay Meditation
18:30 Preparation for ceremony, quiet /personal meditation time in the maloka.
19:00 First Ayahuasca ceremony
09:00 Volunteering activity with Human Actions - Dog shelter
14:00 Group meeting – a chance to share the teachings you learn from the Ayahuasca ceremony. - Shipibo wisdom Icaros and plant diet.
15:00 Individual consultation with psychology and healers
15:30 Time for relaxation
17:00 Andean Philosophy discussion ( Munay, Yachay and Llankay)
17:30 Munay meditation
18:30 Preparation for ceremony, quiet /personal meditation time in the maloka.
19:00 Second Ayahuasca ceremony
09:00 Group meeting – a chance to share the teachings you learn from the Ayahuasca ceremony.
10:00 Individual consultation with healers and psychology
11:00 Offering of gratitude to Pachamama or Mother Earth
12:00 Talking about Human Actions projects and opportunity to donate. Fill the service report and explanation of dietary restriction post-retreat and integration.
12:30 Opportunity to buy cultural hand craft from the Shipibo and Andean healers - Photos and farewell
13:00 Transport back to Cusco, drop off point Plaza Nazarenas