3 days Ayahuasca Healing Retreat and social responsibility
- Duration: 3 Days
- Location: Taray, Sacred Valley, Cusco Peru
- Our 3 day ayahuasca retreats have been developed with both Qero Andes priest and Amazonian Shipibo healer Shaman. They come from families with traditions of shamanism, using centuries-old traditions and techniques. The retreat is run in a traditional manner extending from the way the plant medicine is prepared to the ancient knowledge and customs of the Shipibo and Qero cultures.The traditional base of the retreat is tempered with modern medical practices to ensure our guest safety and allow them to assimilate the experience in the best way possible. The retreat include two ayahuasca ceremonies.
Etnikas has a multi-disciplinary health team consisting of a Cardiologist, Psychiatrist, Psychologist, General Practitioner, Emergency nurse who complement the highly experienced native Andean and Amazonian shaman.
A Doctor is on site 24 hours a day during retreats with access to a full range of state of the art emergency medical equipment.
We have been operating for 40 years (much longer than other retreat centers) and safety has always been our top priority.
We have a vast amount with over 7200 satisfied guests coming to our center.
Trip advisor have granted us the ‘certificate of excellence’ for the last 4 years consecutively (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016) with over 300 five star reviews.
Located in the Sacred Valley, two hours drive from Machupicchu
MANDATORY: Please you must send by email (scan) and bring to Cusco a letter/note from your doctor outlining your good health or general health status. This document is mandatory for you to be able to participate in the retreat. If you cannot bring the note, you will have to make a check up in Cusco with a doctor specialist on the day of the water. This check up will be for an extra cost of $55 US.
- If you have any physical or psycological medical conditions or are under any medication treatment, please let us know before you book your retreat.
- People over 50 years old require a stress test to be preformed. This can be done in your country of origin or in Cusco for a charge of $55 US.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE:
You are required to arrive a day before your retreat so that you’re able to detoxify your system with medicinal volcanic spring water. We will look to meet at Etnikas water place at 10am one day before the start of the retreat. You are required to be nil by mouth for 3-4 hours before this process begins. The process takes approximately 3 hours. After the purge you are able to eat and reconvene your regular activities under the restrictions listed.
You most book a hotel by yourself for this night, if you like we can recommend you some places, and they arrange as well transfer from the airport to the hotel.
The next day we will look to meet at the same place at 10:00am. From there we will travel by shuttle bus to the retreat center. You are required to fast and drink just water.
The medicinal water day is important for acclimatize to the altitude, if you start the retreat the day that you just arrive to Cusco, you may not be able to drink Ayahuasca if you get altitude sickness. And we will not be able to refund any money, it will be up to you.
The water have a direct effect on the quality of the experience.
PRE RETREAT RESTRICTIONS
-Do not consume illicit drugs, alcohol, coffee or chocolate two weeks
prior to your Ayahuasca ceremony.
-Do not take any medical prescription drugs, antibiotics, injections,
pills, or others.
-Sex: It is recommended that you refrain from having sex or masturbating
for two weeks before the retreat as this can reduce physical energy levels
making it harder to cope with the effects of ayahuasca.
-Food: Eat well. Good organic food is recommended. In terms of meat if
you are not vegetarian you can consume chicken or fish. To strengthen the brain
we recommend eating ceviche (Peruvian food) and tiger's milk (non-spicy_ sin
aji ) this is a concentrate juice of the ceviche. Avoid canned food, red
meat and pork, cold cuts, spicy food and excessive salt and sugar.
During retreat restrictions:
-During your stay with Etnika’s we remind you that it is not permitted
to smoke, drink alcohol or to take any type of prescription or non-prescription
drugs without consulting us.
-We indicate that the women who are menstruating or pregnant abstain
from participating. Period pain and discomfort may result in a negative experience while journeying with Ayahuasca. However, if you do not experience sever pain or discomfort then it is ok for you partake. We recommend waiting till the second or third day of a period to allow you to gauge the intensity of the pain.
- Sex is not permitted during the retreat.
Cusco is 3500m above sea level and people sometimes get sick from spending time at this altitude. There are several forms of medication that can be taking to alleviate the effects of altitude sickness but the interaction of some of this medication can have negative effects with Ayahuasca. For this reason, we recommend you look to relieve symptoms of altitude sickness by drinking coca leaf tea which is commonly available in guest houses and hotels. We suggest you that you drink coca leaf tea at the airport or on your flight to Cusco as this will help to mitigate the effects of altitude sickness, you can also buy shot of oxygen at the airport. If symptoms become sever please let us know.
THE AYAHUASCA RETREAT INCLUDE:
- Your retreat will be overseen by 2 to 4 shamans Andean Qeros and Amazonian Shipibo.
- There is a doctor available on site 24 hours a day for the duration of the retreat.
- Small groups of up to 12 people allow us to maximize the safety, comfort, and personalized attention of the retreats for our guests.
- A nurse experienced in emergency medical care will be present during the ayahuasca ceremony.
- A physical check conducted by a nurse to ensure guests are calm and stable after returning from their journeys before going to bed.
- A nurse monitors guests throughout the night to ensure their comfort and wellbeing.
- A psychologist helps guests to interpret their experiences on an individual basis together with the shaman. Consultations are available before and after the ayahuasca ceremonies.
- The psychologist will make a follow up call to guest’s one/two weeks POST retreat.
- Physical and psychological health questionnaireto evaluate risk factors. A doctor, psychologist and a nurse are in charge of verifying the medical records and detecting any medical contraindications a person may have with Ayahuasca before the booking stage.
- Five different healings ceremonies, Inca shamanic healing technique, "dancing with heaven and earth".
- Purgative medicinal volcanic water (Physical and psychological preparation before taking ayahuasca)
- Coca leaves ceremony (unification of group energy)
- Cleansing and floral ceremony (Therapy of forgiveness)
- Two Ayahuasca Ceremonies
- Offering of gratitude to Pachamama or Mother Earth
- Experienced assistant / translator to guide guests thought the retreat with processing and integrating the healing experiences.
- Individual consultations with the shaman and psychology to discuss your experiences and healing process
- Group meetings to share your experience
- Basic medical check to ensure physical suitability a day before the start of the retreat
- One social responsibility activity with Human Actions
- All food and drinks is a delicious simple vegetarian diet suitable for working with medicinal plants/ Ayahuasca
- Translation from Quechua/Spanish to English
- All transport to and from the retreat center
- Accommodation – within our facilities you may find the basic life necessities such as shared bedrooms with a capacity of three people as well as shared bathrooms.
- All retreat facilitated in English
10:00 Meeting at Etnikas water place from there shuttle bus to the retreat center
10:30 Departure to the retreat center
11:30 Meeting with the staff and orientation of the center
12:30 Group meeting – introduction to the shaman and medical staff, discussion about Ayahuasca and ceremonies intentions.
12:40 Coca leaves ceremony and prayer for the unification of energies
13:45 Individual consultation with psychology
13:45 Individual consultation with doctor
18:30 Cleansing and floral ceremony therapy of forgiveness
19:00 First Ayahuasa ceremony
08:15 Social responsability activity with Human Actions
14:00 Group meeting – a chance to share the teachings you learn from the Ayahuasca ceremony.
15:30 Individual consultation with shaman and psychology
15:30 Individual consultation with doctor
16:30 Time for relaxation and introspection
18:30 Preparation for ceremony, quiet /personal meditation time in the main Hall.
19:00 Second Ayahuasca ceremony
09:00 Group meeting – a chance to share the teachings you learn from the Ayahuasca ceremony.
11:00 Offering of gratitude to Pachamama or Mother Earth
11:40 Talking about Human Actions projects and opportunity to donate. Fill the service report and explanation of dietary restriction post-retreat
12:30 Opportunity to buy cultural hand craft from the shipibo and Andean shamans - Photos with Shamans and farewell
12:30 Transport-return to Cusco.